We’re pleased to announce that we’ve added the ability to retrieve all analytics and engagement data through the SproutVideo API. All you need is a SproutVideo account on a plan that has access to either analytics or engagement data and you’re all set. With these new calls, you can retrieve data for your account or for a specific video. You can grab data for the entire time your account has been active or drill down and get data for specific dates. Just like the analytics tools we offer on our website, the following data is available through the API:
- Play counts & Impressions. Unique play counts & impressions.
- On which domains your videos were played.
- Where, geographically, your videos were played.
- Which video type was played (HD vs SD).
- Which playback method was used (Flash vs HTML5 Video).
- What type of device was used (Desktop Computer, Mobile Device, TV, Game Console, etc…).
- Overall engagement data for each video as well as each individual playback session.
We’ve also updated our API documentation to not only include these new API calls but to add more information about every single API call. Lastly, we’ve added these methods to our ruby API client as well to support these new calls. Check it out and let us know what you think! If you wind up using these new API calls, let us know!