If you need to replace an existing video with a new version, and don't want to update any links you shared, or change out any embed codes, we have you covered! You'll even get to keep your analytics and engagement metric data, too.
- Open the video you want to update, then click "Replace" in the top righthand corner
- Select the file you would like to replace the older version with
- The file will upload, and then encode, and when it is done processing, it will replace your existing video file
- All your existing embed codes and links will point to the new, updated video
- Your engagement metrics will be preserved, as will your historical analytical data for that video, so you won't face any data loss when replacing a video on the SproutVideo hosting platform
Replacing a video should be more or less instantaneous once the new version has been uploaded, encoded and deployed on our platform.