The SproutVideo player supports true adaptive bitrate streaming. This means the player automatically detects the strength of your viewer’s internet connection, as well as the size of the player, and adjusts the quality of the video being streamed accordingly.
Playback quality will scale from to 240p, to accommodate viewers on slower connections, all the way up to 8K, when available, for viewers on very fast connections.
Check out these other articles in the Playing Videos section:
- What is the Difference Between Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD)?
- Subtitles and Closed Captions
- How to Enable AirPlay
- CDN Edge Server Locations
- Keyboard Shortcuts for the SproutVideo Player
- Speed Up or Slow Down with Variable Playback Speed Options
- Change the Video Resolution During Playback