Password protecting your video website makes it so that potential viewers have to enter a password on the very first landing page before any aspect of your video site will load. That means that none of your video or additional pages or site content will load unless someone enters the correct password.
Depending on the theme you select, the password page will look something like this:
Setting Up Password Protection for Your SproutVideo Website
To password protect your video website, navigate to Site at the top of the page, and select “Settings”. Then, enter the password you’d like to use for your site in the corresponding field, and click “Save Settings” to update your site:
Note that password protecting your video website is the primary setting when it’s enabled, meaning it supersedes your video privacy settings. Your video privacy settings are secondary settings. For example, if a video is public, viewers will have to enter the site password before they can access public videos on your video website.
Check out these other articles in the Video Websites section:
- What is a SproutVideo Site, and How Do I Get One?
- Create Your Video Website in Two Steps
- Selecting or Changing Themes for Your Video Website
- How to Change Your Video Site URL
- How to Transition Your Landing Pages to Custom URLs
- How to Use a CNAME Record For Your Video Site
- How to Create a CNAME Record with GoDaddy for Your Video Website