An unlisted video does not appear in the video listing on the homepage of your video website. It is not searchable for those arriving on your video website homepage. However, you can share a link to an unlisted video with a viewer, and they will be able to navigate to your other videos through your video website homepage, and also access search and any other pages on your site.
This setting is useful for making a video available via a link to only the people you share it with, however, it’s important to keep in mind that there is no technical mechanism that might prevent someone from sharing that link with other people.
How to Make Your Video Unlisted
Open the video in question and find the ‘Privacy Settings’ box. Check the box for ‘Hide on Video Website’ and click ‘Save Changes’ to update the video.
Check out these other articles in the Video Websites section:
- What is a Video Website and How to Get One
- Create Your Video Website in Two Steps
- How to Select or Change Themes for Your Video Website
- How to Change Your Video Site URL
- How to Use a CNAME Record For Your Video Website
- How to Create a CNAME Record with GoDaddy for Your Video Website
- Sharing Your Video Site With Your Audience