When you first sign up for a SproutVideo hosting account, you are given an automatically generated URL for your video landing pages and your video site (if you choose to set one up). If you want to edit your video site URL for any reason, you may do so at anytime. Your URL must be unique, but not to worry, we will check that for you when you are updating it.
When you initially open an account, a banner will be displayed to allow you to update your video sharing links if you prefer a custom URL over the one we automatically generated for you.
You can also locate that setting by hovering your mouse over “Site” at the top of the page and selecting “Settings”. Enter your desired URL in the “Video Site URL” field, and make sure you click “Save Settings” at the bottom of the page.
Note: if you previously sent links to your video site using an old URL, you will need to update those old URLs since we do not create redirects for the old URLs.
Check out these other articles in the Video Websites section:
- What is a SproutVideo Site, and How Do I Get One?
- Create Your Video Website in Two Steps
- Selecting or Changing Themes for Your Video Website
- How to Transition Your Landing Pages to Custom URLs
- How to Use a CNAME Record For Your Video Site
- How to Create a CNAME Record with GoDaddy for Your Video Website