We’re pleased to announce that we’ve added the ability to retrieve all analytics and engagement data through the SproutVideo API. All you need is a SproutVideo account on a plan that has access to either analytics or engagement data and you’re all set.
Details on the New Analytics API Calls
With these new calls, you can retrieve data for your account or for a specific video. You can grab data for the entire time your account has been active, or drill down and get data for specific dates.
Just like the analytics tools we offer on our website, the following data is available through the API:
- Play counts & Impressions.
- Unique play counts & impressions.
- The URL of the page where your videos were played.
- Where, geographically, your videos were played.
- Which playback method was used (Flash vs HTML5 Video).
- What type of device was used (Desktop Computer, Mobile Device, TV, Game Console, etc…).
- Overall engagement data for each video.
- Engagement data for individual playback sessions.
We’ve also updated our API documentation to not only include these new API calls but to add more information about every single API call. Lastly, we’ve added these methods to our Ruby API client to support these new calls.
Let us know what you think! If you wind up using these new API calls, we’d love to hear about it. If you need help getting started with our API, please contact our support team.