Today we are launching our new SproutVideo API – one of our most highly requested features. With it, you can now have programmatic access to your videos, tags, and playlists. Keep reading for inspiration and details on different ways the API can be used.
Introducing the SproutVideo API
APIs are a powerful tools for accessing and managing large datasets, integrating with other platforms, and creating dashboards or custom mobile apps. The SproutVideo API is robust and powerful, and a great choice if you have a very specific use-case in mind, or an exceptionally large video library.
Here are some things you can do with the new API:
- Upload videos to your account.
- Check on the encoding progress of a video.
- Receive notifications when videos are ready using webhooks.
- List all of the videos in your account, or all the videos tagged with a specific tag.
- Get the metadata of a video, including it’s embed code.
- Edit the metadata of a video.
- Tag videos.
- Add, edit, and delete tags.
- Add, edit, and delete playlists.
- Add videos to playlists, and set the order of videos within a playlist.
Please note that this is just our first release and we will be adding more features to the API in the coming weeks and months.
We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback about the API, and are excited to see what you build with it!